Watch a Video:
Watch the video below and answer the following questions:
1. What does Carnegie Mellon’s center use to treat inherited blood disorders?
2. What are these molecules called?
3. What is PNA?
4. PNA can be designed to bind to _________________, which allow scientists to fix a __________________ that is the cause of a disease.
5. What are targeted in the study referred to in the video?
6. What do these cells do?
7. What did the PNA form when it bound to the target DNA sequence?
8. What percent of the world is born with inherited hemoglobin disorders?
9. What is beta thalassemia?
10. What is the success rate for curing beta thalassemia in mice?
11. What are the advantages of this PNA method over CRISPR-Cas9?