Watch a Video:
Watch the video below and answer the following questions:
1. What are hydraulics?
2. Liquids are virtually ___________.
3. What happens when you compress a liquid?
4. What equation do you need to work with hydraulics?
5. How does a hydraulic system work?
6. For a system in which one piston has a cross-sectional area of 0.001 m2 and the second piston has a cross-sectional area of 0.01 m2, what is the force acting on the second piston when a force of 15 N is applied to the first piston?
7. Where are hydraulic systems used?