Watch a Video:
Watch the video below and answer the following questions:
1. What is the name of the situation in which what you see affects what you believe you hear?
2. Did you think the circle flashed once or twice? Be honest.
3. For each pair of sounds, write whether you heard ascending or descending tones. Compare between group members.
4. What is the tritone paradox?
5. What decides your brain’s preference for tones in a tritone paradox?
6. What is the name of the effect in which you think you hear a climbing tone continue to climb when in fact you are hearing a looped tone?