Module 1: Lead Magnets
Module 1 Goals:
1. Create a lead magnet that is so valuable, someone will be willing to trade their email address for it.
2. Set up a basic outline for your first funnel.
This tutorial walks through many of the features available on ConvertKit. If you’d like to give ConvertKit a try, they offer a free plan to get started. The free plan doesn’t include everything but you can create landing pages, opt-ins, and send emails. It’s the software I use and recommend. If you’d like to give ConvertKit a try, I’d suggest their forever free plan which you can access by clicking here.
Note, I am an affiliate for Convertkit which means I may receive a small commission if you use my link to sign up. However, I would never recommend something I didn’t fully believe in.
– A lead magnet is something you give to someone in exchange for their email address. Once they give you their email address, they are a new lead
– Every lead magnet’s purpose is to bring someone into your world
– Using the information gained in the lead magnet, i.e. the subjects they teach based on what they opted in for, send them a series of emails that build trust and provide value. This is called your funnel
– At the end of the funnel, you can go in for the sale but not before
Module 1 Tasks – What I’d like you to do before moving on to the next module
1. Watch the video above
2. Create your funnel on a piece of paper starting with the lead magnet and ending with the sale
3. Create a skeleton structure for the lead magnet and 3 email sequence
When choosing your funnel products, pick ones that can be used effectively in a larger bundle. Watch the video to see my example.
Module 1 Resources: