In the video below you will find a preview of the lesson. Please enjoy.
Included in the lesson package is:
– The teacher version of the power point
– The student version of the power point
– A 4 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
– A 6 slide per page PDF file for both the teacher and student copies of the power point
– A student lesson handout
– A student worksheet
In order, the lesson covers:
– The structure of the atom (protons, neutrons & electrons)
– Atomic number
– Atomic mass
– Valence electrons
– Categories of the periodic table (metals, non-metals and metalloids)
– Families of the periodic table
– The Bohr-Rutherford model of the atom
**Please note that the entire unit including 12 power points and 238 slides, can be purchased from my store for the price of 5 single lessons**
The student version of the power point contains multiple blanks that need to be filled in throughout the lesson. These blanks are conveniently underlined and bolded on the teacher copy. I have found this to be the most effective means of keeping my students engaged and active without having them write everything out. This also leaves more time for discussion and activities.
If this lesson has helped and you would like download the entire chemistry unit please click on the link below.
Entire Grade 10 Chemistry Unit – Full Lessons – 12 Power Points, 238 Slides
Related Grade 10 Chemistry Lessons to browse:
Physical/Chemical Properties and Changes
Periodic Table and Bohr-Rutherford Diagram Lesson
Polyatomic Ions and Compounds
Balancing Chemical Chemical Equations
Types of Chemical Reactions
Acid Base Chemistry
As well, if you enjoyed this product please visit my homepage: TeachWithFergy for additional lessons, activities, assessments and entire units. Also, feedback is always appreciated.